Sunday, October 26, 2008

Resting before I Go Again

I'm sitting in my office in between our potluck lunch and our afternoon service. Once a month we move our evening service from 7pm to 2pm after our potluck so that those who travel don't have to every Sunday. I enjoy these days, but they make for a long Sunday. It's also hard to stay awake. Our bellies are full and we sit in a warm sanctuary... *snore*

Sorry. As I said, it makes for a long day. It still amazes me how much I love this church that God has seen fit to place us in. Today was a good day. In addition to my mom and grandma staying with us this weekend we had several families join us this morning who hadn't been here in months due to circumstances beyond their control. It was great to see them and reunite with them in fellowship.

On a personal note, our family is doing really well and the baby continues to be healthy. Ellie was writing the names of our family down on a paper the other day, "Ellie, Mommy, Daddy, Evan, Ethan" and then there was something I couldn't quite read. I asked her and she said "That says, 'Baby Whatever-Your-Name-Is". I got a pretty good laugh out of that. She's really excited for this new child to enter our lives.

As I leave I just want to thank you all and your support for us in this ministry. We deeply appreciate your prayers and look forward to seeing you again.

No comments: