Monday, October 23, 2006

The Life of a Village Missionary

My wife Misty and I have decided to do a couple of blogs about different things in our lives. This one is about our lives as Village Missionaries. Our other is located at larsonlove.blogspot.com and is about different things we're doing in our lives.

We have been Village Missionaries in north-central Kansas for just over 2 months and have experienced a large change in our lives since we moved here. Previously I was the manager at a coffee shop in Nebraska and being a pastor is a completely different experience. However, this is what I've wanted to do since High School and finally being able to be where God has prepared me to be is extremely exciting.

We are going through the book of Galatians during our Sunday morning services and are really getting a glimpse of grace vs. the Law. Sunday nights we are going through the 10 basic doctrines and everyone is learning a lot. It's great to see people excited about learning more about God.

We are in a very rural location (nearest neighbor is a mile away) so the personal aspect of ministry is drastically different from what I had anticipated. It is a lot harder to visit people because of the distance from everyone plus having them not be home when you do get there is a difficulty that I'm trying to deal with. (Please pray for me in this.)

More on this later, God bless,
Tyler

No comments: