Saturday, April 26, 2008

A View From the Pulpit









So, what does a pastor see on an average Sunday morning? Well, obviously churches differ, but this is what I see. The people that I love and care for. The people who are here to hear the Word of God spoken.
One Sunday morning we were packed. A couple had celebrated their 50th anniversary the day before and all of the family decided to join us on Sunday morning. We could barely fit any more people in. One woman asked if Iwas nervous. My response, "Yes, but not because of the number of people. I'm enough of a show-off that I enjoy being in front of people. I'm nervous because of the responsibility that I have in properly preaching the Word of God."
I love public speaking. College speech class was one of my favorite courses. I get a thrill from it. I rarely get nervous if I'm just giving a speech. However, once you add the responsibility of accurately preaching God's Word, I get nervous. It is a great responsibility that I should never take lightly. Once I do, then I am in the wrong position. God, help me never to take that responsibility lightly.

2 comments:

The Hansen's said...

Hey Tyler! I loved this post, but you need to do another one! How about VM shooting guns!
Thanks for commenting on Hannah's blog. She is having such a great time! We miss her alot!
See you next week.

Deb

streamnannie said...

Wow I think we just talked about this topeic the other day!!! Love you bunches and I am so proud of the man you are.

Love.
Mom