Thursday, June 28, 2007

Beautiful Living: Old Men

When I was growing up, my parents had two pictures hanging up in the kitchen. To me, these are great examples of, as my last post described, beautiful living. In one picture, there is an old man with a gray beard praying over a table of food. In the other, an older woman who is apparently the wife of the man, praying over her meal. A brief glimpse into the lives of these two individuals... In my own mind I imagine their lives. I can see both joy and pain, hope and sorrow, laughter and tears. The gnarled hands of the old man show the work he has done his entire life. At this meal you see their priorities and their love. In prayer they show their thankfulness to the Creator for the blessings He has provided. There is love, gentleness and hope in their lives. Truly, beautiful lives.

In the next posts I will discuss what Paul commanded Titus to tell the people of Crete, specifically the older men and women.

For those who interested in reading ahead, read Titus 2:1-10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my G-ma has those pictures in her kitchen too. I like to look at them and like you I have a story about them in my head.